Thank you to all the teams and sponsors for making the 2016 edition of Le Classique the biggest and best yet. Looking forward to next year!
New this year – the tournament will be held on the grounds of the Festival du Voyageur
February 5 – 6, 2016
3-on-3 Ball Hockey Tournament
Whittier Park , 866 Saint Joseph St.
The 1st Ever Le Classique Social will be held on Friday Feb 5 in the heated Tent on the grounds of Whittier Park, featuring two live bands “Les Saint-Beach Boys” and “Jérémie and the Delicious Hounds”. Click here for more details.
Le Classique is Back!
Le Classique is back for a fourth edition! Western Canada’s largest outdoor 3-on-3 ball hockey tournament is back and bigger than ever. Mark your calendars as this year’s edition will be held on February 5-6, 2016 at a brand new venue! This year, due to strong growth and increased demand for teams, the tournament will be moving down the street to the site of the Festival du Voyageur. This will allow the event to be held over two days, and will allow for many more teams. Turning back teams the last few years was a very difficult experience. There can be no denying the immeasurable success that was the first three editions of “Le Classique”. Over 2000 people descended on downtown St. Boniface on Feb 5-7th 2015 for the premier outdoor winter sporting event in the province. This year’s event promises to be bigger and better than ever, with:
- Separate Novice, Competitive, Women’s, Corporate and 50+ Divisions
- Gigantic heated outdoor tent which will provide shelter for the licensed beer gardens
- Expanded teams
- Double the lighting system which will provide top notch illumination
- Additional fencing which speed up play and make the tournament safer and more enjoyable
- Official “Icemaker” whose sole responsibility will be the maintenance of the playing surfaces
- More events, more bands, more entertainment, more fun!
A Huge Thanks to our 2016 Sponsors!
Make a Donation